Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Aubrey's first pillow

Completely unoriginal title, but between the a/c going out last night and her hacking cough that I heard all night, I am really too tired to think of more original titles.

Anywhoo. So, I kept Aubrey home from daycare today due to above mentioned hacking cough and her not getting any sleep. She actually slept until 8:00, which for her is a pretty good sign she was exhausted. During one of her coughing fits last night, I brought her into our room and let her snuggle with me and she kept flopping onto my pillow. She also loves our throw pillows on the couch so I made a mental note the next time I went to a store, I would try to find a pillow for her. Little did I know that trip to the store would have to be today because I realized we had 1 diaper in our house. That never happens. I always have an extra box laying around here. But, on day where I really don't feel like going out, I have no extra diapers. And I refuse to buy them from the grocery store because they mark the price up so Target was the destination. After I picked up the diapers, I decided to peruse the aisles, just in case anything new has been added since my last trip....this past Friday. Walking through the toddler bedding section, I found this cute little toddler throw pillow that looked liked it would be perfect for Aubrey to lay on. I think it has Tinkerbell on one side, but the other side is some soft fluffy material. I gave it to her in the store and she immediately placed it on the handle bars of the buggy and laid her head down on it. Love at first sight, which led to screaming when I took it away from her so the cashier could scan it. I gave it to her when we got home and she threw it on the floor and flopped right on top of it. I thought she might be tired still so I tried to lay her back down in the crib with the pillow, but that was a big fail. I somehow got the pillow away from her to eat and take a bath, but when it was bed time, she dove for that pillow. Glad to see to likes it a little bit.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That picture is TOO sweet!!