Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mason is 1 month!

The last month has just flown by due to the blur of sleepless nights and preschooler insanity. There have been days that were tougher than I ever imagined and days that were easier than I expected. Having a newborn and a 3-year old in the house has proven to be just as crazy as I expected, but we've made it work. Luckily, I have had a lot of help from my mom during the week and of course Todd on the weekends. We also proved just how crazy we are by Todd carrying 2 grad school classes on top of the family insanity and work. But even with the blur of activity in our house, we are so thankful things are this way. We love being a family of 4 and the feeling of completeness we have. We really wouldn't trade it for anything.

Mason had his 1 month check-up yesterday and got a glowing report. He is now 21 inches long (50th percentile), 8 lbs 10 ounces (25th percentile), and his head is 38 cm (50th percentile). I have been concerned about his mucousy diapers but Dr. Honeycutt said as long as he is growing appropriately and doesn't seem to have any other symptoms not to worry about it at this point. She said he looks great and is doing well with his head control. She warned us about his shots at the next appointment and then sent us on our way. I was happy his appointment went well, but still frustrated I don't know exactly what is causing his diaper situation. I know she said not to worry, but the mom in me can't help but worry that something is wrong. I have a month to figure it out and hope things look better for next month.

Mason doesn't have a lot of milestones to pass for the month, but he has accomplished a few things. He is now giving us smiles when we smile at him. He is able to hold his head up off the floor for a few seconds during tummy time. And he is now allowed to fully eat on demand at night and went 5 hours between feedings which gave me 4 solid hours of sleep, which is better than the usual 3 hours. Hopefully he'll keep stretching that out and give me even more over the next month because Momma is tired.

Pictures from the first month:

During his first tub bath. He was not happy about it at all.

Aubrey wanted a picture of them in they jammies. 

Modeling his present from Aubrey

Enjoying play time on the play mat

1 month old!

No comments: