Saturday, May 24, 2014

Dance Recital 2014

Another dance season has come and gone. I was so excited about Aubrey's dance recital this year. I guess since I've been less involved with dance this year since I went back to work, I was more looking forward to seeing what she has been doing all year in dance. Mrs. Rhonda kept me up to date whenever I saw her about Aubrey's progress so I knew she was doing well, I just wanted to see it for myself.

Just as we did last year, we had dress rehearsal on Friday night. After Aubrey's rehearsal, we stayed to watch most of the "big girl" dances. Unfortunately, I had to work early the next morning so we couldn't stay for all of it, but it was still fun to watch all of the girls  (and guy) dance. We also got to hang out with my sister who came to watch with us.

Saturday I had to work and got to the auditorium just in time to get Aubrey dressed and scoot her to the back. I was thankful again that they girls had helpers in the back to take care of the girls so we could enjoy the show. I am sure she the girls were much more entertained in the back with their friends and no mommies telling them what to do. It was bittersweet to see the new class of "babies", but neat compare the them to the big 4 and 5 year-old girls of this year. Aubrey and most of her friends have made so much progress this year and it was fun to watch.

After she show, Todd went to the stage to pick Aubrey up and present her with her flowers and balloons. Aubrey was ecstatic when she saw her bouquet included an Anna and Elsa (from Frozen) balloon. She was so happy about the balloon, she almost forgot to get her 2nd year of dance medal from her teachers. However, once she got the medal, she refused to take it off the rest of the night. We did a quick round of pictures after the show and then went to eat dinner for Todd's birthday the next day.

I really hope Aubrey can stick with dance, especially since its such a battle to get her to go every week. She said she loves performing in the recital, but hates going to class. Hopefully adding in tumbling next year will help her be more excited and motivated to keep dancing.

Luckily, Aubrey doesn't have to wait all summer before she can dance again. Mrs. Rhonda is hosting a dance camp for a week in June and we decided to sent Aubrey this year.



No comments: