Thursday, April 16, 2015

February 2015

Yeah, I'm a few months behind now. Better late than never.

February was a breeze compared to January. It was nice to get a break once the birthday chaos settled down. The only big activity for the month was Aubrey's school spirit week. We had a blast planning her daily outfits and as much as I love that she wears uniforms, it was nice to have some variety in her outfits.

PJ Day

Wacky Tacky Day

Throwback Thursdays (And I am pretty sure I wore an outfit very similar to this in the 80's. Sigh....)

As part of Spirit Week, the Varsity MICS cheerleaders had a cheer camp for the lower school girls and surprisingly, Aubrey decided she wanted to participate. She's never big on being in front of a crowd, so I figured she wouldn't want to do it. But, that's what I get for assuming because she was actually really excited about it. After 2 days at cheer camp, the girls got to perform at the Varsity boys 'basketball game at MICS. She was so excited and seemed to have such a great time. Now, she's convinced she wants to cheer more, which I'm pretty excited about since I cheered until 10th grade.




Another school event for Aubrey was the Kindergarten-First grade music show. They performed a little skit/musical for the parents and it was so cute to watch. I give major props to the music director for getting 160-ish kids to cooperate for the show. The only thing that made me sad was that I forgot my big camera and we sat too far back to take decent pictures with my phone. But, it actually made me pay attention more to the show and that was a good thing.

February's exciting event for us was the "big" snow. We had a day with just a dusting of snow, so it was hardly worth even writing about. But for the second round, were so excited that they were forecasting around 8" of snow for us. I've lived here my entire life and should have known better to trust a forecast because we only ended up with around 3". That didn't matter to the kids, though. They had a blast.



My favorite picture of the day


(Click for the video)

Eating snow cream after lunch


We did get a bit of cabin fever, but nothing homemade cookies couldn't fix.

The fun did take a yucky turn, though. Todd was trying to be nice and help me cut some cucumbers with the mandolin for cucumber water and ended up slicing a huge chunk off his finger. We couldn't get the bleeding under control and thought he might need stitches, so at 9:00 pm, we trudged off in the sleet and snow to the ER. They didn't think stitches would hold the way he cut it, so they sent us home with a bandage. That freaking bandage and a tetanus shot cost us over $1000 so I was not happy. But, I would've felt terrible if we hadn't gone to have it checked out so we just paid our bill and moved on.

So, that was February. It turned out to be a quiet month, which we were glad for because March more than made up for February's quietness with craziness.

No comments: