Monday, December 24, 2018

June 2018

June is always a bittersweet month because it means the kids have finished another year of school. Just when I think I'm ok with them being in that grade, they get ready to move up.

Their last day of uniforms for the school year.

Mason's Kindergarten graduation was on the last day of school and both kids were excited we let them skip the rest of the day and wear no uniform. I"ll admit I was a bit teary at this ceremony because not only was it our last Kindergarten graduation, it made me realize it was our last graduation until the big one in high school. Wahhhhh. However, Mason was all smiles for the day and excited to be finished with school for the summer.


Mason's Kindergarten class

Mason and his Kindergarten teacher. Mason and I will always have a special place for her.

Mason and his "special friend." I was so not ready for this relationship but they are so cute together.

Mason and his best buddy. These 2 were inseparable, despite the official "special friend" shown above. Kindergarten relationships are tricky things to understand.


To celebrate the last day of school, we made our first trip to the pool for the summer. Before then, the water had been way to cold for me to go but the day school ended, it was perfect weather.


Aubrey got a chance to go to one of the coolest parties ever after school ended. Her friend held her party at a go-kart track in Charlotte and the kids all had a blast. However, we realized my child does not like to drive fast and is super cautious. Let me remind her of that when she turns 16.




For Father's Day, we went to Todd's parents' place on the lake and put Todd's kayak to use. We let Aubrey test it out by herself and I see us needing to get another one in the future for the kids.




The rest of June was spent getting into our summer routine. The kids spent the summer week days with both sets of grandparents and everyone seemed to enjoy that routine.

No comments: