Wednesday, June 4, 2008

1st doctor visit

I think I am more frustrated after this visit than I was before. I went in thinking I would leave with a pretty firm due date. Um, not so much. They first calculated for December 23rd. The nurse tried to listen to the heartbeat with the doppler and couldldn't find it, which she said is sometimes normal. She went to get the ultrasound tech, but she was busy, so she said maybe we'd hear it the next time. Ok, fine. So, the nurse practitioner came in to start the physical part of the exam and we told her about all the earlier negative tests and when the symptoms started and she said maybe I'm not as far as I thought. Greeaaatttt. After feeling my uterus, she said she really doesn't think I am 11 weeks, but she is not sure. Even better. So, she said we'd schedule an ultrasound for 2 weeks and we'd know more then. Freakin wonderful. 2 more weeks before I know anything else. So, then they took tons of blood and sent me about my day. The ultrasound is scheduled for Friday, the 13th which is not much on the cool side, but hopefully I'll know more then. I still haven't heard them say I am officially pregnant, which worries me a smidge, but I am trying not to stress about it too much. I am just trying to be patient and wait until next Friday. I'm not one for patience, so it's killing me to wait, but I am trying to learn.

So, we started telling our coworkers since we'll be missing more time from work. And we've told almost all of the immediate family. That has been exciting, I just really hope I don't have to come back with bad news. Hopefully, all is well and we'll soon be able to tell everyone the good news and a due date.

No comments: