Saturday, June 14, 2008

First ultrasound!!!





Well, I had my first ultrasound yesterday. I got kind of nervous when she told me it was an internal one because I wasn't really prepared for that. But, I forgot about it once I saw the baby flash up on the screen. It was so awesome that I just about started crying. Part of me had really been trying to prepare for the worst, so to actually see a living little baby on that screen was unbelievable. She determined that I was 8 weeks, 2 days along, which puts the due date January 21, 2009. Awesome. Then I saw the doctor, who said all my initial tests came back normal and everything looks great. Todd decided that he had to start telling everyone right away, so he was on the phone as soon as we left the doctor's office. I'm telling people a little more slowly, I guess just still being cautious. I am excited, but still nervous since it's only 8 weeks along.


So, we went out to celebrate with Nick and Bethany last night. After dinner Todd took me to the mall and bought me 2 pregnancy books and the Willow Tree pregnancy figurine. Sooo sweet. I bought 2 pairs of maternity pants at the Gap and they are so comfortable. I had an even worse time finding petites in maternity clothes than I do regular, so I just gave up and bough regulars and I will try to hem them. I also bought some prenatal workout videos because I have to start working out. I got on the scale at the doctor's office and I wasn't happy with the number. I know I am supposed to be gaining weight, but I am really already overweight, so I've got to watch my eating and start exercising again. So, I did prenatal yoga last night and that was relaxing. I am trying to convince Todd to buy a treadmill so I can walk more. I am trying not to stress it, but I want to be healthy as I can.

No comments: