Sunday, August 9, 2009

Changing day cares

Todd and I made the decision a few weeks ago that it was time to change Aubrey's day care. I've been frustrated with us getting home so late because it doesn't give her much time to eat before it's time for her to go to bed. Plus, I have been solely responsible for day care duty since its close to my office. So, we would leave for the day at 7:15 and not get home until 6:15. Aubrey would be in her car seat for 1.5 hours every day and I felt so bad for her. I was just trying to make it work until stuff start going down hill at her day care. They are understaffed for the summer because a lot of kids are home with parents. So, they would combine the 2 baby rooms and chaos was the order of the day. In my opinion, a 6 month old baby who can barely sit does not need to be in a room with a 12-month old who is walking. One of those babies is likely to get hurt and when the staff is overwhelmed, they can't watch everyone properly. We would get different bottle parts coming home with us, nobody was available for me to explain when Aubrey started solids during the day, and crib sheets went home with other parents or Aubrey came home in different diapers. Plus, there was no communication amongst staff. The floating staff wouldn't have a clue about that day or my baby and when I got there, they couldn't tell me anything about the day. So, enough was enough and I decided to make the switch. Todd and I decided to go with a day care closer to our house so he can help me by picking her up. We found a center that appears to be a little more organized and more education focused instead of just being babysitter during the day. Plus, with Todd picking her up, I can change my work schedule around since I don't have to rush and pick her up. So, I am going to start working 9-5:30, which will let me sleep 30 minutes later in the mornings. Hopefully that extra 30 minutes of sleep will help me feel better and more can get done around the house and I can exercise. Those are my goals. We'll see how it goes this week but I am hoping for good things.

1 comment:

becki777 said...

Wow it sounds like her DC was really not working out! I'm glad you found a better option and I hope it turns out great for you guys!!