Monday, May 3, 2010

First hair cut

Aubrey has had quite the mullet going on for the past few weeks and this weekend I decided the mullet had overstayed its welcome. Now, for those of you that understand the constant motion of a 15-month old, you can understand that dilemma I faced in determining how to get her to sit still while I have sharp scissors near her scalp. After some thinking, we decided the bathtub was as good a place as any because she play contently with water and toys for minutes(!) at a time. Plus, she twirls her hair so much it is curled up and getting it wet made for easier straightening. So, we finished her bath and Todd manned the camera while I took on the challenge. And challenging it was. She does not like having her back to us. She wants to see exactly what we are doing. So, she kept trying to turn around, which was not helpful. Then, she wanted to lean out of the tub to watch the water as it drained. I did the best I could in trimming everything to make it even, but I see a "real" hair cut coming soon with someone much more training in toddler haircuts than me because it's a little wavy in the back. But, we said good-bye to the mullet so task accomplished in my book.

No comments: