Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day turned into Mother's Day weekend and it was fabulous. It started on Friday when Todd decided to go ahead and give me my gifts. Aubrey "made" me a tissue paper flower with her face in the center. It was my first Mother's Day gift from her and I love it. Then, Todd gave me a spa gift certificate which I can't wait to use.
Saturday we had a fabulous dinner after discovering HT had lobster tails on sale. We baked those bad boys up and enjoyed every last bite of them.
Todd got upset about Sunday's breakfast because we forgot to buy breakfast food at HT and he wanted to make me breakfast in bed. So, when we woke up Sunday morning (after realizing Aubrey let us sleep until 8!) he asked me what I thought about IHOP for breakfast. Do you really need to think about pancakes? Yeah, me neither. So off we go and I had some fantastic pancakes covered with strawberries and stuffed with cheesecake. We spent most of the day just hanging out, including me and Aubrey taking a 2.5 hour nap (heavenly). We then got the food ready for grilling with his parents and then enjoyed an awesome steak dinner.
It was such a great weekend and I hate that I forgot to take pics of us on Sunday. But, I got to spend the day with my little family and that's what I'll remember the most.

No comments: