Monday, June 20, 2011

June 13-19

The week was another long, boring week. I was so ready to come home and chill with a move Friday night, but Todd had other plans. Our new light fixtures were delivered on Friday and Todd decided he wanted to get the project started. Aubrey and I had a blast opening all the boxes and making a huge mess with the wrapping paper while Todd started on the lights.

After we unwrapped all the lights, I introduced Aubrey to the joys of bubble wrap. It sounded like fireworks were going off in the house, which terrified the dogs, but thrilled Aubrey to no end.

Saturday was a busy errand day. But, Saturday night my mom watched Aubrey so Todd and I could have a date night. We went to a welcoming party for co-worker's boyfriend who recently moved into town. It was nice to be out with other adults, but I did miss seeing Aubrey before bed. Mom said she was none too happy about going out to dinner without us and then she cried after she put her to bed. Aubrey decided to show us how much she missed us by waking me up at 4:45 Sunday morning for some cuddle time. It took me forever to go back to sleep and before I knew it, it was time to get up for Father's Day breakfast.

Its been our tradition to go to IHOP for either Mother's Day or Father's Day that way we can enjoy a nice breakfast without the hassle of cooking and cleaning. Todd decided he didn't want to eat a big breakfast this year and asked to go to Bojangles. It was Father's Day, so I went along with the plan. We weren't quite sure what to feed Aubrey there, so we just settled on a jelly biscuit. And she was in heaven.
(Instagram is not too bad for a phone camera app)
Father's Day lunch was out traditional grilled steaks with our dads. Between being busy cleaning and cooking and then being so tired from my 4:45 wake up call, I forgot to pull my camera out. I'm sad that I didn't take any pictures of the event, but I know we all enjoyed ourselves and that's what is important.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: