Monday, March 5, 2012

Mason has been evicted....

....from our bedroom. We had been toying with the idea for a few weeks because we thought it might help him sleep better. He had started getting fussy every night around 7 so we decided to go ahead and put him to bed which started his new nightly routine. The first night we put him to bed at 7 we put him in the pack 'n play which made it hard for us to get ready for bed without waking him up. So the next night we put him in the crib and he did great. We couldn't make the full transition to the crib since the Angelcare monitor was still in Aubrey's room because she was using the nightlight on it. For the rest of the week we started him out in the crib and after the 10 pm feeding we moved him to the pack 'n play. I finally bought Aubrey a nightlight yesterday and took the Angelcare monitor out of her room, which made me a little sad. She still has a video monitor in her room, but we don't run it all night so this meant we were increasing her independence a little. I set up the monitor in Mason's room and got everything ready before he went to bed. The night went rough because he drank his evening bottle early which shifted his schedule so I had to shift things around to accommodate. I put him back down in the crib around midnight, crawled into my bed and hoped for the best. I was too tired to be emotional about leaving him, but it was weird to not hear the white noise machine in our room. Unfortunately, Mason only lasted until 2 am before he woke up. Ugghhh. I knew he probably wasn't hungry yet so I brought him back to our bed and he went right back to sleep until 4. After that feeding I got him back to sleep around 5 for him to wake up at 6. Still not cool.  I pulled him back in the bed with me and he went right back to sleep until 7:45. Hopefully tonight will go better because I really don't like Mason sleeping in our bed for a multitude of reasons but I have to do it for us to get sleep. I want him to get used to the crib and hopefully start working toward sleeping through the night soon. Keeping fingers crossed.

No comments: