Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mason's First Birthday Party

We hosted Mason's first birthday at our house and decided to keep it low key with just family and a few friends with babies around Mason's age. I learned after the debacle that was Aubrey's first birthday that no matter what the party situation there would be a good time and enjoyment by all so I scaled back my planning and let the focus be on our little man. After a yummy lunch, Mason had a blast with his cupcake and we were relieved. We were worried after his cake smash pictures that he wouldn't enjoy it, but he did exactly what we hoped and destroyed it. We also watched a slide show of pictures from his first year and watching it the first time made me so sad, but by the 5th or 6th time, I was able to get through it and just be happy. We then opened a few presents, including his new riding toy and toy phone that he loves to pieces. All in all, it was a great little party and even though he won't remember it I am glad that Mason had this time to be celebrated.




No comments: