Saturday, September 14, 2013

20 months

Its that time again and the shock just never wears off when it is that time. Another month has gone past and the little guy just keeps on growing and amazing us.

**Both top canines are thisclose to breaking through. These teeth appeared to be a little easier for him to cut and we are all grateful for that.
**Little guy had his first busted lip this month. We were at my in-laws' house and he went running down the hall and tripped over his own feet (my kids are just not graceful) and when he fell his teeth did some severe damage to his lip. I was glad no teeth were broken, but it was a scary, bloody mess for a few minutes after it happened. This was about 4 days after he got a nice bruise on his head from trying to walk over the concrete barriers in the parking lot. These little boys are rough.
**The words he can say are getting clearer and more understandable by others. He is working hard to say new words, but when he gets frustrated or tired, he still reverts to grunting and screaming instead.
**He finally got to meet his only 1st cousin this month. My brother, his girlfriend, and their son Dameon came to visit from Texas and we were all so glad to see them for the first time in 3 years. While Dameon and Aubrey played much better together, Mason seemed happy to just follow them around.
**We finally ditched the sleep sack for naps and night time. He was unzipping them before he even went to sleep so I figured it was time for them to go. I worry about him getting too cold in just his jammies, but in typical toddler fashion, no blanket can survive the night on top of him.
**He has mastered eating with a spoon and has moved on to a fork. He was squealing and pointing to my fork one day at lunch so I let him hold it and to my amazement he expertly speared a piece of food and put it straight in his mouth. So now he wants a spoon and fork at his meals or there is a great deal of squealing that goes on.
**We are letting him walk more instead of using the stroller and he will finally grab my hand while we are walking and it melts my heart Every. Single. Time.

Mason and his cousin Dameon

First time using a fork

No comments: