Sunday, September 4, 2016

August 2016

August went by so fast! It seemed like it was just starting when it was over. I was pretty busy all month with various activities, but there wasn't as much going on family-wise.

One milestone we did reach was taking the back off of Aubrey's booster seat. I know this doesn't seem like a huge deal, but Aubrey was ecstatic. This is the last step before she completely comes out of the booster in January and I'm still a little sad about it. We could have taken it off ages ago, but the part of me holding on the little girl in her made me wait.


We did a lot of shopping this month and Aubrey conned me into taking her with most for most of it. Taking kids school shopping is such a chore, but taking 1 kid seemed a lot better than 2. I enjoyed spending that one-on-one time with her, so it was a good trip. She also conned me into buying her lunch while we were out and I couldn't resist taking a picture.


Mason started his next season of soccer and moved up to league soccer this year. He was so happy to be back out on a field and playing a sport. I love that he is such a sports kid.



Aubrey started her 5th year of dance this year. But, this year, she was invited to join the competition team so its not the once a week deal anymore. My mind was a little overwhelmed at first because I competed for years and I know the work and dedication that it takes from the dancer and the parent. I am glad her teachers have the confidence that Aubrey is ready, I just don't think Aubrey knows what she is in for this season. So, she lives at the studio 5 hours per week and keeps us burning Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road up as we run her back and forth. Its exciting and overwhelming and I can't wait to see how it plays out when competition season starts in the spring.

National Dog day was in August and the kids begged me to take a picture of them with the dogs. Getting all 4 of them to cooperate for a picture was, um, a challenge, so this is the best that I could get.


On our last day of summer vacation, I took the kids to the airport observatory to watch planes take off and land. Mason was thrilled to see the planes up close and it was awesome to watch him get so excited. I love going to the observatory and spent many hours there before I met Todd. Its a fun place to just sit back and watch and relax for a bit.


We wrapped up summer when Aubrey started back to school on the 29th. The schools started so late this year, but I was glad to have the extra time with no schedule or routine to follow for them. Aubrey tried to tell everyone all summer she wasn't ready to go back, but as soon as we met her teacher, she was all ready to go. I think her teacher this year is awesome so I am hoping for a better 2nd grade year than 1st grade for her. I also realized this is our last first day of school picture that won't include both kids going to the same place. Sigh......



I finally got my call from LuLaRoe on the 15th so I got to place my initial order and get some pretty clothes to sell. The order came in 4 big boxes and it was mind boggling how much was in those boxes. Its now official that I am a small business owner. Scary and exciting all at the same time.


So, August has come and gone. I am so ready for fall and all that it brings. Our lives are pure chaos right now, but its all fun and exciting from here on out.

No comments: