Thursday, October 19, 2017

March 2017

March started busy season back up for us. We spent quite a few dance this month in an auditorium with loud music and sequins.....aka dance competitions and shows. I competed dance from ages 9-15 so I knew they would be early mornings and late nights so I was mentally prepared for the long days. But, it was so much more fun as an adult to be there. As a kid, I was always nervous and stressed about performing well so I never really watched the other dances. I really enjoyed watching the other teams dance this time and getting to relax while someone else stressed about their dances. Oddly enough, I wasn't really nervous for Aubrey because I knew their teams would do well. She competed 2 dances with her team and then 1 large production number with the whole troupe. Their teacher is an amazing choreographer and has such a talent with dance and works so hard to make these girls good. And it shows. They racked up so many awards with the various dances and it was so fun to see.







In a cruel twist in weather, after having a nice February, March returned to cold and yuck, including another snow. This one was much smaller than January's, but enough for the kids to gear up and go outside to play.



No comments: