Sunday, December 16, 2007

Baby talk and birth control

A group of my friends and I have get togethers every now and then called our girls night out. I used to be the only non married person in the bunch, but it wasn't such a big deal. But the last of the girls (well, obviously except me) got pregnant recently. Now, I am the last one not pregnant or without children. This is a lot harder for me to deal with. Especially right now that I am ready to start trying. They talk about their kids all the time, which is fine, but it just makes me jealous. It is neat, though, that I will have such an experienced group to talk to as I go through pregnancy and motherhood. But it still makes me sad sometimes. Most of their children are going to be too old to play with my kids by the time they get here. Ok, I will quit being so whiny now.

On a more positive note, I did take my final birth control pill last night. I still have the week of sugar pills, but I never take those anyway, so I don't count them. That means this time next week, I will be completely off birth control for the first time in 9 years. I am excited, but sort of nervous because I don't know what to expect. My body has been so regulated that I don't know how it will react being back on its own cycle.

Christmas will be here in just a bit over a week. I keep hoping this will be our last Christmas as a family of 2. Keeping fingers crossed.

No comments: