Friday, August 8, 2008

16 week check up

Nothing too exciting, today, but no complaints either. Baby's heartbeat was 155 and it (man I can't wait to say he/she) has moved up and more to the middle of my belly. Blood pressure was great. I was a little concerned about the # on the scale when I got on, but no one else seemed to be concerned, so I won't stress that too much. The worst part about today was learning I have to collect urine all day Sunday and take it back on Monday so they can have a baseline protein level if I ever develop preeclampsia. Yuck. That means I will be late to work on Monday and have to work through lunch, even more yuck. But, I know sacrifice is the name of the motherhood game, so I am learning to deal.

I have finally started working out again and that feels good. I am trying to find more prenatal exercise videos, but most stores don't stock them. So, I did a light modified version of Tae Bo yesterday and that almost kicked my butt, so I don't know if I'll do that again. The prenatal yoga is just boring to me and I am not supposed to be on my back anymore, so Pilates is out. And, it's too hot outside to walk. So, I am heading out to Barnes and Noble in a few minutes to check out what they may have.

The other bummer is I have almost completely outgrown most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. So, I am stuck with a pretty limited wardrobe for a while. I don't want to buy any more summery things right now because I won't wear them much longer. I started looking for pants and winter clothes, but I haven't found much. My Bella bands might work for a while, but I am really going to need some true maternity winter pants for work in the next few months. I know, more excuses to shop, but I just have a hard time justifying clothes for 9 months. Plus, I am trying to save money for Vegas and so spending is kind of limited.

Only 12 more days until the BIG ultrasound. I can't wait!!!!!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Can hardly wait to find out what my newest great grandbaby will be. The last 5 (including the one Joshua & Christina are expecting around Nov. 3rd) have all been boys. Are you following suit or is it time for a girl? Either way, this child will be loved and beautiful.