Saturday, August 30, 2008

Busy day

I met the family in Gastonia for Casey's birthday lunch so I decided to make the most out of the trip by going to a few places only the Gas-house has. First I went to Mary Jo's because I didn't like the curtains made for Aubrey's bedding and I knew they'd have something in fabric heaven for me. I really didn't go in with any ideas of what I wanted, but I knew it when I saw it. I bought this awesome plum colored sheer material that matches the plum in the beadspread. I forgot to measure the window before I left so I just took a wild guess at what I would need. I wasn't and am still not sure if I am going to make just a valence or full panels yet, but I bought plenty so I can do either. I am not a great seamstress by any stretch of the imagination, so I hope this fabric isn't a pain to sew. Straight lines shouln't be that hard. I had also hoped to find some cute fabric to make a tablecloth for the side table, but since I haven't bought the table yet, I decided to hold off so I can get better measurements.

I also went to the Motherhood store in hopes of actually finding a pair of maternity jeans in a petite length. Mission finally accomplished. It has been a chore finding those jeans. They are so comfy though and it really makes me wonder why buttons were ever put on pants.

I was pretty tired by the time I finished those 2 chores, but I still wanted to buy paint for the nursery so I sucked it up and went to Lowe's. Choosing a paint color was even harder than finding fabric at Mary Jo's. There are so many colors that looked awesome with the bedding so I just stood there for 20 minutes comparing those little paint swatches. I settled on a color somewhere between light plum and lavender. I can't wait to start painting, which I know thrills Todd to no end ;-)! I was really hoping to paint before the furniture was put in, but that isn't an option anymore because BRU called Thursday and said the crib and dresser are here! I was fully expecting them to tell me the furniture had been put on back order or something after all the drama there last week, especially since it had only been 6 days since we ordered. So, I volunteered Dad and Todd's parents to help me go pick it up tomorrow since Todd is not here. I can't wait to see it. Not that I can do anything with it yet, but that's just one more thing done. I still need to clean the carpet in there, but I don't want to do that until we get the couch and recliner out of there. I am trying to work on the patience, but I really can't wait to see the room done!

No comments: