Thursday, July 24, 2008

Looking better

I went back to the doctor today to follow up on my blood pressure. So, the nurse started to take my blood pressure and then she said, no, let's find the heart beat first. My first thought was, not such a good idea since that tends to stress me out a bit, but not much I could really do. So, after a good 5 minutes of searching, she found the heart beat and that sounded great. So, I guess that lowered the stress level. She then took my blood pressure and it was 112/72. Much better than the 140ish/70 is was at the last appointment. So, then the NP comes in and actually sits down to talk to me, imagine that. She said everything is looking good with the bp and asked me if I was keeping a log of my bp and told her I did for the 1st week after I started the medicine, but it was really staying in the 125ish/70ish range so I stopped. She said she checked my urine for protein and that was negative, so all is well. I go back in 2 weeks for my 16 week check up and then in 4 weeks, we have the big ultrasound. Whoo-hoo. I can't believe it's almost time to find out if it's a boy or girl. My co-worker just found out she is having a girl and the other co-worker that's almost due any day is having a girl, so we figured we have to have the boy! But, seriously, I can't wait to see so I can start picking out the bedding and clothes. I will never have allowance again because it will all be spent on baby stuff. So much fun!

No comments: