Sunday, November 22, 2009

2 huge milestones

Last Friday, Todd got home from work early so he was home hanging out with Aubrey. I was slaving away at work, counting down to 5:00 when I get the following picture message on my phone:

Yep, that's my child standing up. He said she was trying to pull up on it by herself but was frustrated she couldn't pull all the way up. So, he helped her just a bit and this was the result. Now, she pulls up on everything. She even had her 1st accident report sent home from day care because she was pulling up on the bookcases and fell over. At this point, I became convinced she was never going to crawl. I figured she would just be one of those babies that skips crawling and goes straight to walking....

Until this Friday. It was Todd's Friday off so he keeps her at home on those days. He said she made a few attempts at trying to crawl, but would get frustrated and give up. So, yesterday I decided to really work with her. I found a few enticing toys (including my phone, her favorite obsession) and put them just out of reach. She was so mad at first because she couldn't reach them. Before I knew it, she picked one of those back legs up (which at first she resembled a dog peeing on a hydrant) and managed to move a few inches forward. YAY! I worked really hard with her the rest of the day and got her to move a lot. I got a little on video, but she was getting tired by the time I got it and most of the video is her crying. I think once she realizes she can really move and get what she wants, we are in trouble. Let the major babyproofing begin!

No comments: