Monday, November 16, 2009

Good-bye my not so dear friend

I can hardly believe it. I have been done pumping for over a week now. 1 whole week of not being attached to that evilness. I had planned to drop down to 1 pump last week, but after dropping down to 2 pumps, I realized it probably wouldn't be so hard to just go from 2 to none. I am still nursing first thing in the morning, but that is a piece of cake. That's kind of our quiet time together and it gives me time to actually just sit and relax, which I don't have time to do more of. The first day of not pumping was easy, the 2nd day was a little uncomfortable, but then the 3rd day I was good to go. I've still got to clean the parts really well and find a way to seal it back up, but the day I put it up in the attic to wait patiently for number 2 will be a great day. It is down hill to her 1st birthday and I made my goal of giving her breast milk until age 1. To celebrate, I bought some new make up and have time to enjoy putting it on in the morning without being attached to a noisy piece of equipment. It's the little things that are so exciting now!

No comments: