Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 8

I spend most of the week recuperating from my running escapade last Sunday. I ended up with some major shin splints and sore legs until about Wednesday so I did not run once, which is completely pathetic. I did lift weights Wednesday night and I had forgotten how much I enjoy that, so I really need to pick it back up. My running has completely slacked off in the past few months and I can tell in my clothes and I am not happy with that. So, I am going to put that back as a major focus in the next few weeks because I can't afford to put much more weight back on.

I did manage to finish The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It was not my usual dramatic love story, but still very good.  I haven't decided if I am going to read the other books in the series, maybe after I finish a few other books. I have decided, however, I liked using the library's free e-books so I will have to look into doing that more often.

I spent a lot of time with my camera yesterday working on focus outside in the gorgeous weather. I'll take 65 degrees in February any day. Most of the shots were just throw away shots of my dogs eyes, but I did just happen to glance up in time and see this cute little face. I really didn't have time to change my settings so while this isn't the greatest technical picture, I love Aubrey's facial expression, so I kept it.
 

I also got this shot earlier in the day while she was running around with the shopping cart some friends gave her for her birthday (Side note: Thank You Lyndsey and Marc, she LOVES that thing). She was running around like crazy so I didn't get great settings on this one either, but she was just cheesin' and I had to take it.
 

Also photography related. I ordered a new camera bag this week. I love my current bag because its perfect for carrying my camera/accessories, my phone and a wallet. But, I really need something with a cross-body strap and something a bit bigger to hold my lap top and other random stuff for longer trips. I've been eyeballing various camera bags until this bag was announced. Not only is it beautiful, it's perfect for what I want and I just couldn't resist. I am a little bummed that it won't ship until March 10, but I can live with it.

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment: