Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 9

This week has been all about the warm weather and we are loving it. We have spent as much time as possible outside. I also got my new lens this week so being outside gave me plenty of opportunity to put it to use.




I wish with the beautiful weather I had used it to run a little more. I did take a walk outside with Aubrey in her stroller and ran twice on the treadmill. I am so looking forward to longer days and warmer weather so I can get back outside and run. Much more fun. 

Getting back to the new lens. This lens is a 100mm lens, which has really made me work on my skills. Its a totally different beast to use because it needs a faster shutter speed to prevent camera shake. I've really had to work on thinking about the shots I am taking and making sure I am getting good settings to get those sharp eyes. I took at least two hundred pictures this week working on focus and I think I am starting to see some progress with it. There were tons of shots that were good, but at a 100% crop, the eyes still were not what I wanted to see. But, the ones that were good have boosted my confidence a little, which is good because I was getting really frustrated the past few months. The only thing that I hate about getting this lens is now I want more nice lenses like it but my bank account doesn't agree. It will probably be next year before I can consider buying another lens, but that is ok. 

As much as I hate to end on a bad note, I do have to share some bad news. Todd's dad went to the hospital yesterday and after a lot of tests, it was decided that he had a 2nd heart attack. His first attack in 2006 was much more serious, but this attack was still not good. He is being kept at the hospital in Mooresville and will be transferred to CMC main in tomorrow for a heart catheterization. So, keep him and our family in your thoughts over the next few days,

1 comment:

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

oh no...very sad news. hope he can fully recover.

exciting on the new lens. these shots look great!!