Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 10

I can't believe we are in the double digits in weeks already this year. The first 2 months went so fast.

Todd's dad was discharged from the hospital Monday night with strict orders to make some changes. So as a family, we are setting up a weekly accountability plan to make sure we are all healthy. My goal is to run 2 5ks this springs and loose 5 pounds in the next 5 weeks. Completely realistic goals for me, I think. I ran twice this week and I did my Tae Bo another night so I did pretty well. I really need to get that third day of running squeezed back in because I need to start training harder to be in a good place for the 5k on April 30th.

Todd took the GRE yesterday and did a great job so now he can start the application process for grad school. I am so proud of him for studying so hard over the past 2-3 months in preparation for that test. Hopefully all of his hard work will pay off with an acceptance letter for the fall class and then the real fun can begin. Apple announced the iPad 2 this week and he is hoping to buy one for school and we are all excited about that. While I don't want one for myself, I am sure it will be a fun thing for Aubrey and I to play with when he is not using it.

It was such a rainy dreary weekend that we didn't do much of anything that was interesting. I did spend some time learning a new hobby involving a piece of plastic called the Knifty Knitter. I learned to crochet 5 or 6 years ago, but I had really gotten bored with it. So a lot of the ladies on a message board I visit were talking about this knitting tool and I've always wanted to learn to knit so my mom found one for me and I just got it this week. It's a pretty neat little thing to use. So far I've made one hat and started a scarf to match and I am pretty excited. I have a ton of chunky yarn that was a pain in the rear to crochet with, but is perfect for the Knify Knitter. Here is a picture of my first hat made with some chunky variegated yarn. Not perfect, but not too bad for my first try. Sadly, it probably won't be worn until next winter because it is a really warm hat, but that's ok. I'll be excited then to have new hats to wear then.

 

Aubrey spent time playing with her new friends called the little people (really). I returned a toy for her yesterday and I wanted to get something new for her to play with. So, I found a little horse and carriage toy that included blocks and two of the little people and she was instantly hooked. We then bought another car with 1 more little person and blocks today while getting groceries and she was so excited.  We really shouldn't buy the child any more toys because she has too many, but she was happy so we were happy.



I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: