Monday, March 28, 2011

March 21-27

The week managed to go by really fast, but the weekend has been hell. For starters, our lovely spring weather disappeared and left us with winter-like temps and we were not happy. It really stunk to have to put real shoes on again and dig the sweaters back out. We did get out and about Saturday to attend Todd's college roommate's son's 1st birthday party. Aubrey had a good time playing with the kids and she really didn't want to leave. Neither Todd nor I felt great before the party, but afterwards we just felt rotten. We both parked on the couch all night and watched tv, which is not like me at all. We went to bed around 9:30 (another red flag for sickness in the house) and I knew we were in for a night. The real fun begin around 2:30 AM when Todd and I were both up with vomiting and diarrhea. I am sure it was a pathetic site to see. We managed to get cleaned up and back in the bed by about 3:30. Luckily, Aubrey let us sleep until 8:00, but even then we were dragging. I made a quick trip the store for sick supplies (Gatorade, ginger ale, and chicken noodle soup) and we spent the rest of the day lying on the couch again in our jammies. Even though it was a yucky way to do it, the sickness helped me drop another 1.5 lbs for the week so I met my first mini goal of loosing 5 lbs in only 3 weeks. So, I am adding another 5 lb goal in, which will get me pretty close to my wedding weight. That is a good feeling. But, I've got to run more this week because I only got 1 run in last week and that is not good. My race is in 5 weeks so I need to get a move on so I am not passed by the 80-year old man again this year!

Playing with new toys at the birthday party.

Aubrey playing with her new friends.

We spent all day Sunday in our jammies on the couch.

No comments: