Sunday, April 3, 2011

March 28-April 3

Another week gone. And I am glad this one is over. The weather was crummy most of the week and that just made things drag. I only got 2 runs squeezed in because of the crappy cold weather. Todd and I took a few days to recover from our sickness, so the weather fit our mood perfectly. To add to the dreariness, Aubrey has had a rash on her bottom for a month that is not making anyone too happy. She's been a pretty healthy child so we rarely go to her doctor for anything, but after a month of dealing with the stubborn thing, it was time to pay of a visit to the doctor. Her doctor is not sure if the rash is yeast infection from her antibiotic in January or if its a staph infection. So, we started the with nystatin cream for yeast infection first and it seemed to only get worse. So, now we are doing the nystatin along with another round of antibiotics for a possible staph infection. We are also feeding her lots of yogurt, filling her up with probiotics, and cleaning like crazy. I've heard staph infections can be hard to get rid of so we are doing everything possible to get rid of it. I missed work on Wednesday to take her to the doctor, but I made up for it by working some extra time on Saturday. Our weekends are so precious to us because that's the only time we really get to spend more than an hour with Aubrey, so working on a Saturday was not a happy choice. But, we were given the opportunity to make some extra cash, so off I went to bring it home. The week ended on a much better note, though. Todd's Masonic lodge had a fish fry Saturday night and so Aubrey and I met Todd's parents and my dad at the lodge for some yummy fish. Today was spent catching up on chores and playing outside and then we went to eat dinner with my sister for her birthday. So, a much better ending to a crappy week.

Aubrey posing for me. 

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

She kept turning around to make sure I was watching her ride her bike.

Aubrey and the birthday girl.

My sister and I posing for a rare picture.

No comments: