Monday, April 11, 2011

April 4-10

I think our whole family had a much better week this week. Todd and I have kicked into spring mode, which means more energy for both of us and lots of house work. Todd spent a lot of time outside over the weekend working on the yard and then we started spring cleaning inside. It's sad that we've been in our house 4 years and never washed the windows. So, he started on that while I went on a junk purge upstairs. We have so much unnecessary stuff in our house, especially in our upstairs and garage and its driving me insane. Hopefully, we can spend the next few weeks purging out the junk just in time to start painting and moving furniture upstairs.

With the beautiful weather came my running motivation. I managed to get 4 runs in plus a family walk on Friday. I've already dropped 2 minutes off my 5k time in the past few months, but I'd really like drop 2 more. I also signed up for my first 5k of the season on April 30th so I have 3 weeks to prepare for it. I am sad that I will be running this race by myself because I usually always run with Todd. But, he will be out of town, so I am on my own. But, fees are paid and there is no backing out now. Plus, I bought a new pair of shoes that are begging me to get out and break them in.

We also got Aubrey outside to enjoy the warm weather over the weekend. We went to visit Todd's parents on Sunday and took her walking around their neighborhood. Despite the fact they live in the city limits of Mooresville, there happens to be an assortment of interesting animals near their house for Aubrey to check out. The live behind a farm that has several goats and a few horses and Aubrey loved to stare at the goats. I don't think she had ever seen one before so she was fascinated. Then, their next door neighbors keep chickens in their backyard for eggs so we went over to check them out. Aubrey wasn't sure what to think about them flocking around her at first, but once she figured out she could help feed them, she was obsessed. She was none too happy when it was time to go home to eat so I am sure we will be checking out the animals more over the next few months.

How she entertained herself why we cleaned. I called her name so I could take a picture and this is her mid-"HUH." I hate that word, but the face was too cute.

Checking out the chickens with Todd.

Playing outside at Todd's parents. More pictures with these lovely flowers next weekend.

No comments: