Monday, April 25, 2011

April 18-24

The majority of the week was mostly uneventful. Fortunately, Todd had Good Friday off from work, so he and Aubrey came to visit me at work. Its nice to have a break from the mundane world of my job. Even though I go out to eat every Friday as a way of treating myself, it just seemed a lot more fun to have my family with me.

Along with stalking the video monitor to keep an eye on the now free to roam toddler in her new bed, Todd and I got back into our movie and pizza routine after several months of not watching any movies and that was nice. Its kind of hard for us to go out on real dates so that's our way of getting a date while at home. Saturday was really a bum around the house day. Our only venture out was to Target for a few groceries and that was fine by me. We spent the afternoon playing outside and enjoying the return of the gorgeous weather.

Sunday brought the Easter bunny's visit. Aubrey was so excited to see her basket. She was even more excited when she opened the eggs to see some marshmallows. She tried to cram as many in her mouth as she possibly could. I even let her try some M&M's, which she absolutely loved. We went to eat dinner with Todd's parents and they bought her a few Easter presents as well, including a hilarious set of toddler golf clubs. They also did a little Easter egg hunt with them, which she loved. She also let us take a few more pictures in her dress that I was a little bit happier with than last week's, so I'll consider them a success.

I didn't do as well with running last week. The motivation has just not been there, but I did force 2 runs. However, I did accomplish a few more tasks towards reaching my New Year's Resolutions. I finished 2 more books over the weekend (Something Borrowed and Something Blue, both by Emily Giffin. Great chick lit). That made up for 0 reading in March. I also cooked 2 new recipes, including lasagna in a bun and fried pork chops with homemade gravy. I was darn proud of myself for making that gravy because I've never been able to make good gravy before and this was good stuff. So all in all, not a bad week but I am hoping this week brings more energy and more motivation to get stuff done.

She loves playing in the mulch and making us "birthday cakes"


Her mouth was full of marshmallows.



No comments: