Sunday, May 1, 2011

Here we go again

Its been no secret to a lot of our friends that we have been trying to get pregnant again for several months now. We were a little frustrated because it was taking a lot longer than we thought. Aubrey was a little bit of a surprise, so we didn't play the wait and see game each month the first time around. The last 5 months brought us a slew of negative pregnancy tests and a few tears over the results. We thought April had given us the same results because I tested at 12 and 16 days post ovulation and I still got negatives so I had just accepted it and prepared to move on the May. Until day 33 of my cycle and there was still no sign that my period was coming. So, on a whim I decided to test again at 1:30 in the morning after waking up with Aubrey. I fully did not expect to see a positive on that test so when it showed up a few choice words came out of my mouth in surprise. I sat there and debated for 5 minutes about whether to wake Todd up or figure out a cute way to tell him when our alarms went off. I couldn't stand not telling him so I woke him up with the good news. Needless to say, neither of us could easily go back to sleep, so we just lied there and talked for a while. According to the calculator, the due date is 12.30.11, which could be lots of fun for the holidays. December really doesn't seem that far off from now, which is a little scary and a little exciting at the same time.

My first appointment is not scheduled until May 20 and the waiting is tough. We aren't telling the families until after that first ultrasound and that is even tougher. I've started doing prenatal Pilates and counting calories. I really want to keep my weight in check this pregnancy so I don't have to work so hard to loose it all again. I am trying not to get too wrapped up in excitement about it, but its really hard. I am excited to see Aubrey as a big sister and I can't wait to hold another new baby in my arms.

No comments: