Friday, May 6, 2011

April 25-May 1

We had a busy week this past week. Todd had a lot going on with work so I spent a lot of time doing the solo mom thing after work and over the weekend. Friday night I took Aubrey grocery shopping with me and I can promise that will never happen again if I can help it. She doesn't like to sit in the cart anymore, so I thought giving her one of the little carts to push around the store would help entertain her. She loved it, but she also loved to push it with reckless abandon, which meant constantly running into my ankles with the cart, which hurt. And I had to keep putting back everything she pulled off the shelf, which was most of everything at her eye level.

Saturday morning, I ran my first 5k of the season. The plan was for my dad to come with us and watch Aubrey while I ran. He called on Friday and said he was sick and didn't want to get us sick. So, that meant Aubrey was stuck going with me. I was a little nervous because I had never run the full 3 miles with her. Todd and I usually alternate while we run. But, I had already paid my money so I just decided to suck it up do it. All the nervousness wore off once I started running because it really wasn't that bad. It was pretty cool outside Saturday morning so it didn't seem that bad pushing her, except for her unhappiness with being strapped down for 35 minutes. But she loved seeing the police officers and their cars blocking all the intersections and she entertained herself by taking off her shoes and pulling out the velcro straps. I ended up only finishing 3 minutes slower than my PR, so I consider it a success. Doesn't mean I want to do it again, but I still feel good about doing it that one time.

Saturday night, my sister Lacey and her friend Katie came over to watch Aubrey while I went to my high school friends' girls' night. It amazes people that I still socialize and hang out with friends from high school, but I love it. I've known many of those girls for 20ish years so I enjoy getting to see them again. The bad news on the way home was that Lacey said Aubrey had been coughing all night. She woke up early Sunday morning running a fever, which meant I was not able to go to a get-together with some message board ladies at the Duke Gardens. I was really sad about not being able to go, but Aubrey was so pitiful and Todd wouldn't be home from his retreat in time for me to go. So, we just hung out at the house all day Sunday and enjoyed being lazy.

I didn't take any pictures of Aubrey this week with my real camera, but I did take a lot of cell phone pics of our weekend.

Picking her up from school and she wanted her shades

Her first and last time helping me get groceries

Before the race

No comments: