Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 23-29

Another week, another round of sick child. Tuesday was supposed to be my mom's first day watching Aubrey for us. I say supposed to, because Aubrey had a fever of 103.2 Monday night and then 102.7 Tuesday morning. She also pointed to her right ear and said "my ear hurt" so back to the doctor we went Tuesday morning. The doctor looked at her left ear (the one that was infected earlier this month) and said it had fluid built up inside of it. Then she looked at the right one and said it was in fact infected. Double ear infections. Fantastic. This round brought us a stronger antibiotic (that Aubrey tells me repeatedly "don't taste good"). Hopefully this will take care of these infections for good because I really don't like having a sick baby all the time. She was doing better by Wednesday, so we went back to school and work. Thursday was Mom and Aubrey's first day together and Mom said it was pretty good. It was so nice not having to get Aubrey ready for school and then deal with the stress that I feel everyday when I drop her off. Plus, Mom brought me some of her homemade potato salad so I was a happy camper on the way to work that morning. Mom said they had a great day playing and Aubrey seemed happy when I got home so I'll call the first day a success.

Saturday morning was shopping time because we have a lot of activities going on the next few weeks that require gifts. Saturday afternoon was our friends' son Landon's birthday so we went to a local children's art studio for his party. The kids had such a blast. It was awesome to see them just be able to make a big mess and not have to worry about cleaning it up. Sunday was a lazy day around the house and it was so hot, so we got the water table back out and let Aubrey have at it. I also bought a pack of popsicles for Aubrey to eat so I got my payback from having the art cleaned up because she made the biggest mess on our back porch with that popsicle. We grilled some steaks for dinner and ended the day by watching the race. All in all it was a good weekend and I am glad we get one extra day thrown in by being off of work tomorrow.

Aubrey and the birthday boy painting the wall art.

She loved her cupcake

Getting a hug from the birthday boy

Water table fun

Enjoying her popsicle




No comments: