Monday, July 30, 2012

6-month check-up

For the past 2 months I've been anxiously waiting for Mason's 6-month appointment. I was better about not stressing about his weight for those 2 months, but it still worried me in the back of my mind. I was really hoping he would move up in percentiles because we can all tell Mason is chunking up. Unfortunately, moving up was the opposite of what happened. He measured in at 25.25 inches (12th percentile), 14 lbs 15 oz (10th percentile), and his head was 42.5 cm (20th percentile). So, he's dropped in all of his measurements. I almost started crying after the nurse read the numbers to me. I really thought he would have gone up not down. I prepared myself to have a not-so-good discussion with the doctor, but amazingly she didn't seem too concerned. She said he is proportionate and meeting his milestones, so she was happy. She encouraged me to increase his solids and continue the milk routine. After his check-up came the yucky shots, and just like his 4 month shots, he cried until I picked him up and then he was fine. So, not the visit I was hoping for, but I guess I can't ask for more than a healthy, happy baby at the end of the day.

1 comment:

akspriss said...

Mason has Like the exact same stats as my now 3.5 year old Jack had at Mason's age!! He's still not the biggest kid his age but is finally higher percentile on the growth charts!! Try not to worry too much! As long as he's growing the percentile isn't a big deal!!