Friday, December 21, 2012

11 months

I had a completely sad realization with this month's birthday. This is the last month one of my children will be considered an infant. Even though Mason is still much more of a baby than a toddler, technically he won't be a baby much longer. While I don't want to have anymore babies, I wish our babies could be babies just a little while longer. It has all gone so fast and sometimes I feel like I get so wrapped up in the day-to-day parenting that I forget to really stop and appreciate where each child is at that moment. Ok, enough mushiness for now.

**Milestones**
*Right upper lateral incisor broke through (11.15)
*His two upper middle teeth have all but broken the skin. They are giving him a fit and I really hope they are through by Christmas
*He has finally started to crawl more than lurch. He is still a little timid and slow while crawling but he is getting more confident and I know the speed crawling will come soon.
*He really doesn't like sitting down. He is much happier to pull himself to standing and just stay there for a while. He usually greets me in his crib standing up in the mornings.
*He had a very sudden growth spurt and outgrew his 9-month clothes in what seemed like a week. His 9-month shirts fit, but he needs 12-month pants and pjs.
*First Thanksgiving
*We've figured out just how much he looooves his big sister this month. He just grins and laughs when she walks in and he is always trying to move himself to where he can see her. He wants to keep her and us in his sights at all times.
*His nap times have become so sporadic. I know he is not ready to drop to 1 nap, but somedays he just sits in his crib and talks for an hour until I go get him up.
*The dairy trial we had last month was a big, fat fail. It took a while for some of the digestive issues to show after we started giving him some dairy, but they did finally show up. So, we've gone back to dairy free, which makes transitioning him to milk in the next month an even bigger challenge.
*First visit with Santa


First Thanksgiving meal


Trying to stand up but making sure he keeps Aubrey in his sights

No comments: