Sunday, November 2, 2008

3d ultrasound

We had our 3d ultrasound yesterday and of, course Miss Aubrey was not very cooperative. She kept trying to hide her face with her foot and in the process, was kicking herself, which was kind of cute. At the end, she decided that she had had enough of us and tried to tuck her head in a spot behind my placenta so we knew it was time to quit at that point. But, we did get a couple of really cute shots and it was awesome to stare at her for 30 minutes. We got all of the pics on cd and then the whole process was put on DVD, which is really cool. The only bad news is I have an anterior placenta, which is why I am not feeling her kicks as much as other women. The ultrasound tech had told me that at my 12-week ultrasound and I forgot all about it until the tech reminded me yesterday. That means the placenta is attached the front of my uterus instead of the back side, like most placentas are. But, Mom said it shouldn't be a problem unless it's down close to the cervix, which could cause problems in delivery. But, we won't know that for a while, so I am not going to worry about it. The other little concern I have is that the umbilical cord is right near her head. I just have the fear of it getting wrapped around her neck. I know that she will move some more before she comes, but I just hope it's away from that cord. I can't help but worry. It's the mommy in me!
Side profile


Trying to talk to us!


Her little foot kicking her in the head


Her eyes were open in this one

No comments: