Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stupid freakin cold

Ugh, I can't think of anything much worse than having a cold, except maybe having a cold when you're 31-weeks pregnant. I've been dealing with it for the past week and a half and it's getting really old. I finally broke down and bought some Tylenol Sinus, which is helping, some. But, my poor immune system can't work like it should because I can't freakin sleep. I've entered the wonderful phase of waking up several times a night because I have to go to the bathroom. And then I am thirsty on top of that so I become a popsicle walking downstairs to get cold water because I can only sleep if it's 60 degrees in the house, so the house is freezing after being in my bed. So, after getting the water and dancing around to stay warm while I drink it, I then spend 10 minutes trying to warm up again once I get back in the bed. Of course, I am usually wide awake at this point so it takes forever to get back to sleep. Then, I usually start the whole process over again a few hours later. I tried keeping a glass of water upstairs to prevent going the fridge, but the water tasted gross to me for some reason, so I haven't done it again. I don't know what it is, but I love our water, I just don't like the ice I have to put in the glass to keep it cold while I sleep. So, back to the original point. I can't sleep because of the bathroom/water process so my immune system isn't working at its best so I can't kick this flippin cold. I am so tired of blowing my nose and coughing. And I know I am driving my coworkers crazy with all the awful sounds. Combining a cold with the general achiness and miserable state of being 31-weeks pregnant just doesn't make for a happy lady. I really need to be resting and relaxing to get ready for delivery, but I can't do that unless I can better. Ugh, and I read the labor/delivery chapter of What to Expect last night and I started crying. Crying is really hard when you have a cold. But, I cried anyway because reading that stuff scared and overwhelmed me. I have read pieces of it before, but the reality that all of that stuff will be happening in just a few weeks combined with being exhausted and sick just got the best of me.

Only 60 more days. Wow.

No comments: