Wednesday, December 3, 2008

32 and 33 week updates

I had my 32-week visit last week. It was pretty uneventful, but no complaints. Aubrey’s heartbeat was 143 and sounded great. The best part of the visit was my blood pressure, which was 100/58. I just about fell out of my chair when the CMA told me that. Dr. Gorsuch sounded pretty surprised, too. She said even though it’s doing well, they are still going to keep an eye on it. I start going every week at my next visit, which kind of sucks be cause that means I’ll never have a full lunch break again since I have to leave early. They are going to start doing non-stress tests on Aubrey just to make sure she’s ok in there. So, I get to listen to her heart beat a lot over the next few weeks, which is kind of fun.


I’ve started getting everything ready for my hospital trip. I installed the car seat base in my car, which is kind of funny to see sitting empty every time I get in my car. I’ve packed most of the things I need in my overnight bag, but there are still a few things to get. I’ve also made my list of things for Todd to grab in case I go into labor at work and can’t get home, like the lap top and camera. He laughed at my list, but I think it’s a pretty good one. I always overpack, but I’d really rather have too much stuff instead of not enough. He seems to think I don’t need anything until she is born, but he doesn’t realize how much down time I may have before I start pushing. Kasey was in the hospital for hours before she started pushing and I was bored for her. So, I know I have to be busy to keep my mind off what is getting ready to happen. Again, I’d rather be over-prepared than under-prepared.


Todd’s family threw us a small shower after Thanksgiving lunch and it was really nice. We got some nice gifts and a good bit in gift cards that I made sure to demolish the next day while Betty and I went shopping. I even managed to spend money on top of the gift cards, but I got a lot of stuff. After that shower and my shopping, I think we are pretty much ready for her to come. I might buy a few more things with my big discount at BRU, but as far as necessities, we are set. It’s so surreal walking into her nursery and seeing all of the clean clothes, blankets, and big stuff just sitting there waiting to be used.

Showing off the afghan Todd's aunt Francis made for Aubrey.


One of the shower's highlights: Traci asking if Gma and Gpa gave us Tampons. She saw Playtex on the box and was very confused. Everybody thought that was hysterical because it was really bottles.


No comments: