Sunday, December 14, 2008

Less than 6 weeks!

I had my 34-week check up this week. It wouldn’t have been anything other than usual, except they started me on non-stress tests this week. So, they hooked me up to this monitor that tracked Aubrey’s heartbeat and any contractions and then handed me this little wand to hit a button every time I felt her move. They showed me the recliner I could hang out in while they did the test and I was stoked because I miss having a real recliner to sit in. So, they put these 2 bands around my belly, sat me down with my snack, and left. They said it would only be 15 minutes. 15 actually turned into 30 minutes. And, I almost fell asleep. I got so comfortable in the chair and hearing Aubrey’s pretty steady heartbeat made for a prime sleeping environment. Luckily, Todd was with me and helped entertain me or I would have been out like a light. After they unhooked me, Dr. Gorsuch said Aubrey looks great, but they would continue hooking me up to the monitor every visit just to be sure. My blood pressure was still awesome and I wish they’d let me come off the medicine, but I know they won’t until after delivery. So, that will be my visits for the next 6 or (hopefully not) 7 weeks. They will be doing a group B strep test next week which does not thrill me because it is a vaginal swab. Yuck.

Todd and I had some great coupons for Babies-R-Us so we went shopping on Wednesday night. We bought the breast bump for $50 off regular price, which is lower than I could find it anywhere else. Of course, when we got home, we had to open it up and check it out. I tried it out for 2 seconds and it was a very weird feeling. It just amazes me that I will have to sit hooked up to this thing several times a day. Hopefully I can get used to it because I really don’t want to buy formula when I can feed her for free. We also bought the audio monitor for her room, a Boppy cover, and the mirror for my car so I can see her in the rear view. It’s hard to believe I get so excited over buying this stuff but I love it. If I could make a job out of shopping for other people’s baby stuff, I would be in heaven. It’s just neat how much is available for them. I told Todd we’ve got to slow down our spending now because we still have things to buy her after she’s here and I want to make sure we can afford them then. It’s so hard to resist buying everything in the store, though.

No comments: