Sunday, December 7, 2008

Childbirth class

Todd and I took our childbirth class this weekend and I honestly don't know how I feel about it. I mean, it was good to be informed and learn what to expect, but I think it really freaked me out more in the process. We went through the different labor positions and relaxing and I thought "Hmmm, I can handle this. I'm good." Then came the labor videos and I did a complete 180. I almost started crying because I'm pretty scared. I have absolutely no tolerance for pain and watching those women in pain was scary. Most of the videos we watched were natural births with no drugs, but even the video we watched of the birth with an epidural seemed awful. I know Todd is going to be a good coach, but it's really scary that all of the work is on me. I know I can do it, but that still doesn't mean I am not scared to death. I know that's pretty natural, but as the day gets closer and closer, I think it just gets worse.

No comments: