Saturday, December 20, 2008

Breastfeeding class

Todd and I had our last pre-birth class today, which was breastfeeding. I know women have been breastfeeding for centuries, so I could get by without going, but I like to have as much information as possible, so I went. I can't say that I really learned a lot, but I did learn a few things, like red flags of trouble and a few helpful hints. But, mostly, she just told things that I already knew from reading the message boards and my What To Expect The First Year. The class could have been about an hour and a half shorter if she didn't spend so much time advertising the lactation consultant business at the hospital and laughing at her own lame jokes. But, I still knew more coming out than going in, so I will say mission accomplished.

No comments: