Sunday, December 14, 2008

Maternity tour

We did our maternity floor tour at the hospital today. I knew where to go when I'm in labor, but it was still neat to get to go in the rooms and see where I'll spend 48-ish (hopefully that's all) hours of my life. The rooms are really nice and huge. The only thing that aggravated me was people's dumb questions, which pertained to mostly about what they would get for free. The amazement never ends for me about people's sense of entitlement for stuff. There were some good questions about patient-nurse ratio and stuff like that, but the tour leader was much better about handling those dumb questions than I would have been. The tour did remind me that I am glad we chose to deliver in a smaller hospital. While it still feels like a hospital, it's not quite as traumatic walking in, like say, at the downtown hospitals. It just feels a little more homey and quiet at our hospital.

I did realize this weekend that in as little as 2.5 weeks, I could be going in that hospital to deliver. I'll be 37 weeks on December 31st and that's when they'll let me go ahead and deliver if it starts. So, in 2.5 weeks, Todd and I could be parents. Wow!! It's going to be here before we know it!

No comments: