Wednesday, October 29, 2008

28-week check up

I had my 28-week check-up yesterday and it was more eventful than most of the check-ups have been. My blood pressure was great and my doctor decided to keep my dosage the same, so that made me feel good. She said I am measuring right on track with my belly which is a good thing, as well. Aubrey's heartbeat was 128 and sounded as wonderful as always. I also had to do my gestational diabetes test during the visit and drinking the drink was not so bad. But, of course, that also meant blood had to be drawn, but honestly I think I was poked with so many needles during the visit what's a little a blood. I also had to have my flu shot and my Rhogam shot, so I really felt like a pin cushion. But, at least those are over. The only bummer of the visit was Dr. Gorsuch decided that I need to go to every 2 week visits now because of my blood pressure. Even though it's doing well, she is anticipating that it will start going up and she wants to keep an eye on it. Yay fun. But, then I realized that means I could possibly only have 8 more doctor's visits before she's here and that made it ok. As long as the BP stays in check and I pass my diabetes test, which I should know by the end of the week. If I fail it, then I have to go do the 3 hour test, but we are going to hope for the best and pray that I am good to go.

Now, my biggest concern is Aubrey's new resting position in my belly. Yesterday I felt movement at the bottom of my belly and it felt like she was pushing on my diaphram, which is not very comfortable. But today, there is more pressure on the right side of my uterus, so I have no clue what she's pushing on, but I wish she would move. There is plenty of room for her to move to right now so I wish she'd take advantage of it. But, she is moving a lot and it makes me laugh because my belly jmps when she moves. So cute. I can't wait until this weekend to see the 3d ultrasound. I can't believe we get to see her face. I am soooo excited!!!

No comments: