Friday, October 24, 2008

Entering the home stretch

Well, I have started the 3rd trimester. Hard to believe. It really seems like yesterday I was moaning and groaning through the 1st trimester. The 2nd trimester was pretty easy and for the most part, I felt pretty good. But, I can tell it's all starting to go downhill now. I started feeling nauseous again this week, a symptom I never want to feel again. So, I am trying to eat more, but my uterus is pushing on my stomach, so I can't each much or I feel sick. So, I have to eat more often, which is annoying. I was talking to a coworker this morning who is also pregnant and we were both amazed at how much we are obsessed with eating and food. She's in the first trimester, so she's worried about what she does and doesn't like. Me, I am worried about when my next snack or meal will be. It's crazy.

Another fun thing about starting the 3rd trimester is I am starting to not sleep as well. I've always tossed and turned in my sleep, but now when I turn over, I usually wake up because it's so much harder to roll over with my belly in the way. Plus, I when I wake up, I realize I have to go to the bathroom and I despise getting up in the middle of the night because then I usually wake all the way up. So, I am trying to just make myself go back to sleep and not get up, but that is starting to get harder and harder.

I will say though, I am glad to be in the 3rd trimester. That means I am that much closer to getting to hold my baby and a lot of fun stuff happens in the next 13 weeks. We are doing our 3d ultrasound next Saturday and bringing most of the family with us. Hopefully, she'll cooperate and let us see her. Then, our shower is next Sunday and that should be a lot of fun. Of course, the holidays will be going on in the next few weeks and I am really excited about that. Lots of good food and hanging out with our families. Todd and I hoped last Christmas would be our last as just a couple, but it's ok because she will be here soon and that will be the best present ever.

No comments: