Saturday, October 4, 2008

24 week check up

I had my 24-week check-up yesterday and things went quietly, which is a good thing. Her heartbeat was 137. Hearing it on the doppler never gets old. I was supposed to see Dr. Sharowy, but instead saw the NP, but I love her so that was ok. She measured my belly and said it is right on track for my due date. She explained that I will have my gestational diabetes test at my next visit and I am not looking forward to that. She also explained a little more about the Rh screening I would have at the end of the visit and the Rhogam shot I will get at the next visit as well. After I was finished with her, I went to the lab for my blood to be drawn. I swear, I have given up more blood in the past 4 months than ever in my life. But, I am good to go for another 4 weeks. But, a scary thing hit me when I was scheduling my next vist. It's scheduled on October 28, which means I'll be 30 at my next visit. I am struggling with the fact that only have a few weeks left until I turn 30. I know it's just a number, but it means another decade over in my life. Just very strange for me to know I won't be in my 20's anymore. The 20's were good, especially the 2nd half, so I hope my 30's goes just as well.

No comments: