Monday, October 6, 2008

Um, a little freaked out today

I think I had my first "oh crap, this baby is coming soon" moment this morning. A friend on Facebook didn't know I was pregnant until this weekend so she was asking how far along I was. I was joking when I said 2 weeks from starting the 3rd trimester, but that's no joke. CRAP! 3rd trimester...that means 13 weeks, plus the 2 'til I get there...means 15 weeks. Ok, taking deep breaths here. That just seems sooo soon. It's just doesn't seem like it should be that soon. I've got so much to get done. I mean I know I still have time, but the panic button has been hit. It was the same way for the wedding about 2.5 months beforehand, but this is so much bigger. You couldn't have told me that then, but planning the wedding seems like small fish now compared to having a baby. Ok, enough freaking out right now. But, seriously, I am just a little freaked out.

My other panic moment of the day was calling to start searching for day cares. I know people say day care is expensive, but good grief, I had no idea just how much. Basically, a 5 star day care is going to be half of my monthly bring home salary. Granted, that 5 star day care is awesome and has some good recommendations, but that amount is enough to pay for college tuition right now and she won't even be able to talk or move, yet. But, Todd and I really can't afford for me to stay at home because we need my insurance and the other half of my salary. And the difference between the 4 star and 5 star centers you ask? $20 per month. That's it. For $20, I would rather her be at the 5 star facility with the video cameras in the rooms so I can take a peek at her every now and again. We are spending a good bit more since we're choosing a center that's 5 minutes from my office. Darn high cost of living area. But, I want her close if anything happens during the day and I also hope to be able to go and feed her during my lunch. I knew I would be broke when we had children, but really, I had no idea. And, it's only just begun.

No comments: