Thursday, March 26, 2009

2 months old!

I can't believe its only been 2 months since our lives changed so much. I was looking at her this morning thinking about where she was 2 months ago and how thankful I am that she got here safely. Some mommies never get to hold their little ones or get to enjoy 2 months with them and so I am grateful for every moment we've had together.


She had her 2 month check-up today. She is now 21.5 inches and 8 lbs 6 oz. I feel better now that she is finally starting to gain some weight. That's 1 lb 1 oz in 22 days and I'll take it. She's only in the 5th percentile in weight and height, but the doctor thinks that's just where she is going to fall. The doctor was amazed at her head control while watching her do tummy time. She also watched her sucking the mess out of her thumb and noticed her drooling and said she could be in the very early stages of teething. Not looking forward to that at all. She also released her for day care, which she starts in just over 3 weeks. Then came the shots. It's like she knew they were coming because she started crying before the nurse came in the room. And I made the mistake of having my head down near her mouth trying to soothe her when the nurse stuck her. Let's just say that ear is still ringing just slightly. I just felt so bad for her because she had to get 3 shots and an oral vaccine. But, she got some stylish Tweety and daisy bandaids to make it all better. Now, I just hope she doesn't show the next day fussiness babies have the day after shots because we are going to visit Todd's family in Raleigh tomorrow and that could make for a LONG car ride if she's fussy. But for tonight, she is enjoying being cuddled on the couch with Daddy and the puppies.

The cute band-aids


Sucking on her thumb while cuddling w/Daddy made it all right again

Here are some milestones from the past month:

03.18.09 First time sleeping through the night (7 hrs, it was heavenly!)
5.5 weeks-First social smiles started
She discovered her thumb and it starting to prefer it to the paci
Moved from 3 oz to 4 oz of milk per bottle
Finally passed the 8 lb mark
Attended her first birthday party
Survived her first "bath" from Allie

In other good news, I *think* we have finally beaten the thrush. It's been 10 days and I've had no shooting pains and much less nipple sensitivity. I am sooooo excited. My supply is finally starting to look better and I am able to start freezing milk again. I am still following my routine of the vinegar/water swap after every feeding and nipple ointment at night but I may let that rest this weekend while we are gone. Hopefully, we are done for good and I can finally start to enjoy nursing. Next on my to do list is wean her from the nipple shield so hopefully she can speed up her nursing sessions. I can't handle the hour long sessions at 3 am when I have to get up and work. So, we'll start that Monday and hope it goes quickly.

1 comment:

~Mrs. JMS~ said...

Awesome news on the Thrush!!! She is doing so well sitting asstisted! AT didnt do that till at least 3m, keep working with her she is doing great....so is mommy! She is a cutie.....shots stink but they do so much better then we do :)