Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random Things

I finally finished and sent out Aubrey's birth announcement. I was pretty late in getting the pictures done since we didn't get any while she was in the hospital. I think they turned out pretty cute.
In the past few weeks, Aubrey has started to smile at us. Not just the reflex smiles we got at first. But, real, melt your heart social smiles. Its too cute. Especially @ 2 am when I am soo tired.


Now for the bad news. I thought we had beaten the thrush because I had no more symptoms and my supply was getting better. I thought wrong. I started getting the sharp pains again last night. Dr. Gorsuch recommended this stuff called gentian violet, which is an anti-fungal ointment to put on my nipples. The bad part is it will stain everything it touches purple, including skin. Yeah, its my favorite color, but that doesn't mean everything needs to be purple. I'll start that tonight and hope it knocks it out. Plus, I'll have to go back to steaming all the bottle and pump parts every night. Yuck. I've spent a lot of time and money getting rid of this crap and I'm so tired of it. And I'm pretty sure it all relates back to being on antibiotics during delivery.

1 comment:

~Mrs. JMS~ said...

That stinks! I hope you can both get rid of it soon!

I love seeing babies in those swaddle blankets! They are so cute! AT would have no part of one at all.

jenn&tim