Monday, March 30, 2009

Crib time

Aubrey has not slept in her pack-n-play in over a week. She and I had been sleeping in the guest bed because she would keep waking up in the pnp 30 minutes after I put her to bed. We were waiting to get her movement sensor put in the crib before we ever let her sleep overnight in it. Todd and his dad finally cut the board to put under her mattress and we got the monitor hooked up and in place for her to try out last night. After her last feeding I rocked her to sleep as usual and then gently placed her in the crib. I waited for a few minutes to make sure she would stay asleep and with a few tears in my eyes, walked out. Todd and I both watched the monitor for another few minutes before going to bed. It was very sad to move her out and I missed seeing her when I woke up, but I didn't want her to be in the habit of sleeping with one of us. She did really well on her own and I woke up really easily with the monitor. I was actually happy to go get her when it was time to feed her. Hopefully she will sleep better now and Todd and I can get some sleep as well.

1 comment:

~Mrs. JMS~ said...

It is hard but you will both sleep so much better! GL I hope it keeps getting better and better.

AT gets so excited now when he is sleepy to get in his crib...he knows he can sleep. Funny how predictable they are :) hugs!