Thursday, March 5, 2009

Aubrey's 1 month check-up

I took Aubrey to doctor for her 1 month check-up yesterday. I've been waiting on this so she can be weighed because I hate not knowing if she's getting enough to eat. So, I stripped her down and laid her on the scale and it only said 7 lbs, 5 oz. That's only 3 ounces over birth weight. At 1 month. I was not happy. I know she eats, I just don't think she's getting enough every day. So, they measured her and she's grown an inch to 20.5, which is in the 30th percentile. Her weight is in the 25th. Her head was 36 cm, which is in the 50th. I knew she has a big head. Holding it while nursing her gets hard because it's heavy! So, the doctor seemed to think her weight is fine. I just don't get it. She's grown an inch but only gained basically 8 ounces in over a month. Her lowest weight was 6 lbs, 13 ounces in the hospital the day we were discharged. But, the doctor told me like 3 times her weight is fine and I trust her opinion, but it just worries me. The doctor said everything looks great on her. She encouraged us to work on tummy time, but said Aubrey already has pretty good head control for her age. She gave us the instructions for her next visit when she gets her next round of shots. I think that might be harder for me than for her. So, I guess the appointment was a success, I just wish I knew that she was gaining more weight. It would make me feel better as worried as I have been about my supply with the thrush. Hopefully, we'll see more on the 26th.

No comments: