Thursday, February 26, 2009

1 month old

It's hard to believe Aubrey is 1 month old today. I told Todd that it is hard to remember life without her anymore. She immediately took over my life, but I wouldn't have it any other way. But, I am sad that she's getting older. I will never forget that 1st time that I held her and was in awe. She was so perfect and I stared at her forever. I love her more every minute and I can't wait to see what the next month brings.


I had my postpartum check-up today and it did not go so well. I've lost 25 lbs, which is a good thing. But, that means I have 20 llbs left to go, which is depressing. Hopefully breastfeeding will keep that moving and I'll be able to start exercising soon to speed things up even more. Which leads to the fact that Dr. Gorsuch said my laceration is not quite healed yet. I almost came off the table when she went to check on it. It was so sore and nothing has touched it since Dr. Voung finished my stitches. She said give it another week or so and everything should be ok. Yeah, I think we'll give it at least 2 more weeks just to be safe. Even 3 wouldn't be so bad. I hate that I can't exercise yet, but I am not taking any chances on messing with healing. Sorry for Todd, but I think he understands. I also got my prescription for my birth control pills because I just don't think I can handle the IUD right now. The thought of having that inserted just makes we want to crawl in a hole right now. Maybe when I go back for my annual exam in June, we'll talk about it. But, for now, the pill will work fine.

No comments: